May 28, 2013

South Marengo Ave: Turning 'Meh' to 'Nice'

South Marengo Ave and E. Glenarm St.
Something bothers me everytime I drive down (or up) Marengo Ave. between Glenarm and California (and maybe even beyond California, say up to Del Mar).  I mean, it's a nice street: tree-lined, wide, view of the mountains on a clear day, well-kept apartments and townhouses all along and a nice alternative to Arroyo without it being too busy.  Then it hit me.  The center median/turn lanes is making this stretch pretty ho-hum.  Let's imagine a pretty esplanade with green shrubery and maybe some jacarandas (There are already palms on Arroyo, so no need to duplicate it here).  We could make it where the esplanade would stagger and enough spacing still maintained to allow ample room for left turns even with two or three cars in a row.  Hmm, I'm liking the idea already...

No comments:

Post a Comment