June 11, 2012

Tough Flea Market Lesson

My friend, Julie, and I went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market Sunday and came away with mixed success.  I was able to score a cool rustic bottle carrier (with bottles) from a French antiques dealer that I'll be using as a dining table centerpiece.  But, I'm kicking myself in the ass for a missed opportunity.  There was an awesome mid-century painting of a woman that I caught my eye and after looking it over for a few minutes I told myself I'd think about it.  I strolled around for five minutes then went back to the dealer.  I found the painting but as I picked it up the woman next to me kindly told me, "oh, I'm sorry I just bought that."  I said, "oh, ok", but my head was saying "CRAP!"  This is typical of flea markets, sometimes an item will languish and other times an item will go in an instant.  If it's something you really love and the price is right, don't wait.  Lesson learned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment